Monday, January 24, 2022

Ali

I started watching a DVD of "Ali," starring Will Smith whom I thought was great.

In the beginning of the movie,  Cassius Clay defeats Sonny Liston.  During that fight (the first of two), a doctor examined Liston and found his left arm had been separated, at the shoulder, I think it was. And so Clay won after six rounds, as per doctor's rule that Liston could not go on.

Then I watched the real fight on youtube (link second below).  The movie presentation looked very much like the real film.

Based on the second link below, clearly, to me, Liston wanted to beat Clay.  But Liston couldn't figure out Clay.

Later, Muhammad Ali, assumed another name. 

Ali is the greatest.  He defeated the US Supreme Court. Here's one version:

Ali vs US

Clay vs. Liston

No comments: